Creative Kids – August Classes
Join Instructor Brooke Emily for some Creative Fun!
Classes are $30 and will take place outside in our Tent Studio
Limit 10 students per class
AM classes: 10am – 12 pm
PM classes: 1-3 pm
Register online or at the MAC Office
- Tue Aug 2: The Great Outdoors – AM Class or PM Class –Create a mixed media landscape with forest, mountain, sea – and more!
- Wed Aug 3: Creature Creations! – AM Class or PM Class –Collaborate and come up with your own imaginary characters through portrait-style art and brainstorming games.
- Thu Aug 4: Abstraction! – AM Class or PM Class –Dive into abstraction and enjoy experimenting with a variety of colours and compositions.
- Tue Aug 9: Junglescapes – AM Class or PM Class –Embrace colours and collage as you create an art jungle.
- Wed Aug 10: Galaxy Art – AM Class or PM Class –Create your own galaxy and watch how pastels and crayons interact with ink.
- Thu Aug 11: Our Wild Animals – AM Class or PM Class –A practice in step-by-step art. Illustrate your own unique take on some of our favourite local animals. Bears, Eagles, Whales…
- Tue Aug 16: Music and Mediums – AM Class or PM Class –Explore different mediums and see how music impacts your creative process. This is a day of exploration!
- Wed Aug 17: Under the Sea – AM Class or PM Class –Create your own ocean landscapes with pastels, pens, and crayons and we’ll pour a wash of ocean blue on top!
- Thu Aug 18: Cartoons & Comics – AM Class or PM Class –Engage in a variety of games to help get the creativity flowing so you can come up with your own cartoon and comic art!
About the Instructor:
Brooke Emily has a BFA in Visual Art + Design with a concentration in Creative Writing. She lives and works on Vancouver Island as an artist and therapeutic teacher. This work as a therapeutic teacher has greatly impacted her artistic practice and she has a huge interest in kid-lit and picture bookmaking. Her inspiration comes from all over; from the rugged West Coast, her home in Whiskey Creek, garden, two dogs, and two cats.
About Creative Kids:
Our goal is to have fun through creative expression while learning some basic art elements, art principles and art history.
This summer we are excited to welcome instructors Juli Rockliff and Brooke Emily to our Tent Studio. Juli and Brooke have a fun variety of classes you can choose from. Our camps include a bit of everything from drawing to painting to multi-media and more!