We want the MAC to be a welcoming, inclusive place where people come to learn about the arts, to enjoy them, to support them, and to explore their own creative natures.
What is the MAC?
What is the Oceanside Community Arts Council (OCAC)?
In BC, a community arts council is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the arts mainly by funding local artists, awarding prizes, and organizing arts and cultural events in their region of responsibility.
The primary role of a community arts council is to assist its members to apply for grant money and to disperse that money appropriately to carry out the events and programs developed by the OCAC and its members.
History, Vision and Mandate
MAC Mission Statement
The MAC provides a vibrant inclusive environment to experience the creative climate of the Oceanside community.
A MAC experience is
- Affordable and accessible
- Innovative, educational and provocative
- Supportive and respectful
The MAC will become the creative collective of artistic experience and expression in the Oceanside region.
The arts are a vital part of every healthy community and the MAC has a role to play in making this the best place to live, work and play for everyone who comes in our doors: artists, students, customers, renters, art lovers, volunteers, staff, visitors and community.
Who We Are
The MAC Staff
- Jennifer Bate, Executive Director
- Cheryl DeWolf, Gift Shop Supervisor
- Bryce Parry, Administration Support/Bookkeeping
- Rhonda Roy, MAC Social Media
- Margery Blom, Artists in Residence Coordinator
- Anne Collins, Exhibits Hanging Committee Coordinator