2021 Fall Art Bites Classes
Go on, take a bite!
Have you been curious about trying an art class, but not sure what medium you would like? Not ready to commit to a full class (and art supplies) if you don’t know you’ll like it? Why not try this sampler course?
Art Bites is a course designed to give you a taste of a variety of art mediums. Each 2-hour class introduces you to a new medium and show you the basic techniques using a small array of supplies. Everything is provided; you don’t have to bring a thing! Go home each week with a piece of your own and a sense of how this art medium works.
Pick and choose one or more classes. Classes are $35 each.
AM classes are 10am-12pm; PM classes are 1-3 pm.
Follow the links below for class details and online registrations
- Sep 12 AM – Painting with Gouache – Carla Flegel
- Sep 12 PM – Painting with Gouache – Carla Flegel
- Sep 19 AM – Mosaics – Debra Hagen
- Sep 19 PM – Mosaics – Debra Hagen
- Sep 26 AM – You Can Draw, I’ll Show You How – Catherine Trembath
- Sep 26 PM – You Can Draw, I’ll Show you How – Catherine Trembath
- Oct 3 AM – Oil Pastels – Deborah Nicol
- Oct 3 PM – Folk Art Painting – Mary Unger
- Oct 17 AM – Relief Sculpture – Joanne Purdy
- Oct 17 PM – Relief Sculpture – Joanne Purdy
- Oct 24 AM – Drawing with Conté – Catherine Trembath
- Oct 24 PM – Coloured Pencils – Catherine Trembath
- Oct 31 AM – Soft Pastels – Lucy Wallace
- Oct 31 PM – Acrylic Sunset – Deborah Nicol
- Nov 7 AM – Watercolour – Carla Flegel
- Nov 7 PM – Watercolour – Carla Flegel
- Nov 14 AM – Mandalas – Judi Malcolm
- Nov 14 PM – Soft Pastels- Lucy Wallace
- Nov 21 AM – Zentangle – Rhonda Roy
- Nov 21 PM – Embedded Letters (Zentangle) – Rhonda Roy
- Nov 28 AM – Impressionistic Palette Knife Painting – Deborah Nicol
- Nov 28 PM – Impressionistic Palette Knife Painting – Deborah Nicol
- Dec 5 AM – Block Printing: Intro to Carving Lino Blocks – Margie Davidson
- Dec 5 PM – Block Printing: Intro to Printing Fabric – Margie Davidson
- Dec 12 AM – Oil Painting with Water-Mixable Oils – Margery Blom
- Dec 12 PM – Art Journaling with Water Colour Pencils – Merrilyn Laursen
* Most Art Bites classes are Zoom-friendly. Contact our office if you’d like to attend online.
Booking a class with us?
Please make sure to mark it in your calendar/datebook or give us a call if you can’t remember, and we’ll be happy to help.
Please note that reminders will not be sent before class and credit will not be issued for no-shows.
The MAC has robust COVID-19 protocols to provide a safe and healthy art experience for all visitors to the Arts Centre.
All students and visitors are required to bring and wear a facemask while they are in the Studio, Gift Shop and Galleries, to practice social distancing, and to make use of the hand disinfectant provided.
As of Sept 13, 2021, proof of vaccination is now required to participate in Studio workshops.
Cancellations and refunds:
Registrations will close when the class is full, or on the Sunday before (eg. for the Dec 12 class, registrations will close Dec 5 at 3 pm).
A class may be refunded up to the registration deadline; $10/class processing fee will be retained and the remainder refunded. No refunds are possible after the one-week deadline.