2023 Spring Art Foundations Courses
Loved Art Bites? Ready for more?
The MAC’s Art Foundations Program is designed for people who want more formal education in the basics of visual art theory, as well as techniques for different mediums. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the principles of art and how they might apply to their own art practice.
Each of our classes will touch on areas such as line, composition, perspective, and colour, while giving you more in-depth practise in the medium or technique offered.
All of our instructors are artists, and many of them are also professional teachers. Our faculty is skilled at providing a friendly and relaxing experience while you learn.
Classes run on Mondays, from 10 am – 2 pm
Cost: $100 (all materials provided)
Follow the links below for class details and online registration
- Feb 6 – Dry Media Drawing with Gordon Wilson
- Feb 13 – Wet Media Drawing with Gordon Wilson
- Feb 27 – Decoding Colour: Colour Theory with Margery Blom
- Mar 6 – Let’s Go Abstract with Dennis Brown
- Mar 13 – Relief Sculpture with Joanne Purdy
- Mar 20 – Acrylic Waves and Water with Terri Bowen
- Mar 27 – Life Drawing (with model) with Carol Ann Owers
- Apr 3 – Ink Resist with Gordon Wilson
- Apr 17 – Watercolour with Faith Love-Robertson
- Apr 24 – Acrylic Spring Florals with Susan Schaefer
- Jun 5 – Acrylic Silk Painting with Dianne Nelson
- Jun 12 – Soft Pastels with Lucy Wallace
Booking a class with us?
Please make sure to mark it in your calendar/datebook or give us a call if you can’t remember, and we’ll be happy to help.
Please note that reminders will not be sent before class and credit will not be issued for no-shows.
Cancellations and refunds:
Registrations will close when the class is full, or on the Monday before (eg. for the Sep19 class, registrations will close Sep 12 at 3 pm).
A class may be refunded up to the registration deadline; $10/class processing fee will be retained and the remainder refunded. No refunds are possible after the one-week deadline.