2022 Spring Art Foundations Courses
Loved Art Bites? Ready for more?
The MAC’s Art Foundations Program is designed for people who want more formal education in the basics of visual art theory, as well as techniques for different mediums. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the principles of art and how they might apply to their own art practice.
Start with some basics on colour theory, composition, drawing or Zentangle, or jump right in and learn about acrylics, portraying light in your painting, wet felting, textile art and design, and more!
Classes run on Mondays, usually from 10 am – 3 pm and are $100/class.
Follow the links below for class details and online registrations
- Feb 7 – Drawing Foundations – Catherine Trembath
- Feb 14 – Colour Theory Foundations – Margery Blom
- Feb 28 – Composition Foundations – Susan Schaefer
- Mar 7 – Zentangle® Foundations – Rhonda Roy
- Mar 14 & 21 – Textile Colour Explorations (2 parts) – Margie Davidson
- Mar 28 – West Coast Trees (acrylics) – Susan Schaefer
- Apr 4 – The Magic of Light (oils or acrylics) – Margery Blom
- Apr 11 – Wet Felted Bowl – Darrell Giraldeau
- May 30 – Alhambra Mosaic (Zentangle) – Rhonda Roy
Booking a class with us?
Please make sure to mark it in your calendar/datebook or give us a call if you can’t remember, and we’ll be happy to help.
Please note that reminders will not be sent before class and credit will not be issued for no-shows.
Cancellations and refunds:
Registrations will close when the class is full, or on the Sunday before (eg. for the Feb 14 class, registrations will close Feb 7 at 3 pm).
A class may be refunded up to the registration deadline; $10/class processing fee will be retained and the remainder refunded. No refunds are possible after the one-week deadline.