2022 Fall Art Foundations Courses
Loved Art Bites? Ready for more?
The MAC’s Art Foundations Program is designed for people who want more formal education in the basics of visual art theory, as well as techniques for different mediums. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the principles of art and how they might apply to their own art practice.
Start with some basics on colour theory, composition, drawing or Zentangle, or jump right in and learn about acrylics, watercolours, wash drawing, and more!
Classes run on Mondays, from 10 am – 3 pm (materials provided)
Follow the links below for class details and online registrations
Core classes – $100 each
- Sep 12 – Creative Imaging: Drawing – Catherine Trembath
- Sep 19 – Decoding Colour: Colour Theory – Margery Blom
- Sep 26 – Untangle with ‘Tangling’: Zentangle – Rhonda Roy
- Oct 3 – Creating Visual Harmony : Composition – Susan Schaefer
Follow-up classes – $125 each
- Oct 17 – Acrylic Painting Level 1 with Gordon Wilson
- Oct 23 – Silk Painting Level 1 with Dianne Nelson
- Oct 31 – Water Mixable Oil Painting Level 1 with Margery Blom
- Nov 7 – Life Drawing Level 1 – Studio Still Life with Carol Ann Owers
- Nov 14 – Wash Drawing Level 1 with Gordon Wilson
- Nov 21 – Soft Pastels Level 1 with Lucy Wallace
- Nov 28 – Watercolour Level 1 with Gordon Wilson
- Dec 5 – Textile Art Level 1 with Margie Davidson
Booking a class with us?
Please make sure to mark it in your calendar/datebook or give us a call if you can’t remember, and we’ll be happy to help.
Please note that reminders will not be sent before class and credit will not be issued for no-shows.
Cancellations and refunds:
Registrations will close when the class is full, or on the Monday before (eg. for the Sep19 class, registrations will close Sep 12 at 3 pm).
A class may be refunded up to the registration deadline; $10/class processing fee will be retained and the remainder refunded. No refunds are possible after the one-week deadline.