Art Bites Fall 2020
Go on, take a bite!
Have you been curious about trying an art class, but not sure what medium you would like? Not ready to commit to a full class (and art supplies) if you don’t know you’ll like it? Why not try this sampler course?
Art Bites is a course designed to give you a taste of a variety of art mediums. Each 2-hour class introduces you to a new medium and show you the basic techniques using a small array of supplies. Everything is provided; you don’t have to bring a thing! Go home each week with a piece of your own and a sense of how this art medium works.
Pick and choose one or more classes. Classes are $30 each.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, classes are limited to a maximum of 9 participants.
Choose from these classes:
• Sep 13 – Drawing with Clare Turcott
• Sep 20 – Mosaics with Debra Hagen
• Sep 27 – Abstract Acrylic with Deborah Nicol
• Oct 4 – One Stroke with Lori Schiersmann
• Oct 18 – Acrylic Painting with Susan Schaefer
• Oct 25 – Pastels with Janet Cameron
• Nov 1 – Alcohol Ink with Lynn Orriss
• Nov 8 – Watercolour Pencil Journaling with Merrilyn Laursen
• Nov 15 – Collage with Clare Turcott
• Nov 22 – Relief Sculpture with Joanne Purdy
• Nov 29 – Watercolour with Carla Flegel
• Dec 6 – Water-mixable Oils with Margery Blom
Cancellations and refunds:
Registrations will close for each class on the Sunday before (eg. for the Sep 13 class registrations will close Sep 6 at 3 pm).
A class may be refunded up to the registration deadline; $10/class processing fee will be retained and the remainder refunded. No refunds are possible after the one-week deadline.
The MAC has robust COVID-19 protocols to provide a safe and healthy art experience for all visitors to the Arts Centre. All students and visitors are required to bring and wear a facemask while they are in the Studio, Gift Shop and Galleries, to practice social distancing, and to make use of the hand disinfectant provided.